Dr. Legler received a BS in Physics from KU in 1952. He worked at the Naval Ordnance Test Station (since dubbed the Naval Weapons Center) for ten years. Having taken a year out to attend MIT and receive a Masters of Science in 1960 (thanks to the Navy's sponsorship), in 1962 the Leglers moved back to Lawrence. Warren received a Ph.D. from the Electrical Engineering program in the KU School of Engineering in 1969. After some brief teaching stints at KU and at the KU Medical Center, Warren entered the private sector, spending the bulk of his career as a Product Development Engineer at Allied Signal in Olathe until his retirement in 1996. He has been an active member of the KU community, having served recently on the Advisory Board of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.